I have been anticipating this weekend for over 2 months now. I am in the midst of attending my first writer‘s conference. Wow! This weekend is Gold for anyone serious about their writing. That’s me! I have attended workshops given by agents. editors, authors, scriptwriters and publishers…Right now I am on a Creative High!
I will post blog posts throughout this coming week about all the workshops I attended. This weekend has really challenged me. I realised once again how amazing it is to be part of this wonderful world of writers and artists. The support, encouragement and critique that I have experienced this weekend has been an eye-opener to the graciousness and humility of truly talented and gifted people in the publishing, writing and movie industries.
I will sign off now…last day of the conference tomorrow…so need my sleep to nourish and absorb all the creative energy I am feeling.
- The Anatomy of a Conference (tawnyweber.com)
- 8 Must-Dos For Aspiring Writers (altitudebranding.com)
- Writing YA: Advice from literary agent Jennifer DeChiara on Twitter (insertliteraryblognamehere.com)
- Elissa Stein: Who’s Writing About the Writers? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Spread the word: The rise of the literary night out (independent.co.uk)
- On Finding Those Pesky Critique Groups (advancedfictionwriting.com)
- Top 3 Creative Writing Social Networks To Get Feedback On Your Work (makeuseof.com)