I have decided to create a new weekly category called Monday Mental Muscles.
Mondays are a Chore for most people being a day that people want to get over as soon as possible. For traditional workers Monday is the signal that the weekend has ended and the work / school week begins. So I have decided that Monday should be the day set aside for my writing challenges. Fortunately for me, Monday is a day away from the dj (day job, not club cd mixer). On Monday I like to stretch my creative muscles by giving myself writing dares or writing challenges. So from October, I am now incorporating this into this blog.
Think of Mondays as gym for your imagination. You may have been busy with rest & relaxation on the weekend. At the end of Monday, you may be feeling stressed, frustrated, imaginatively “flat” and mentally tired. This is the time when you put pen to paper, or fingers to keyboard, and do some Pilates for the mind by attempting a Monday Challenge.
The Rules & Requirements:
- Pick at least 1 of 3 challenges to complete before Tuesday midnight.
- Comment under each Monday challenge on which challenge you have picked.
- If you have blogged about the challenge, link back to my blog.
- Pay it Forward – feel free to pass on my Monday Challenges to any writing buddies.
Happy adventuring in Monday Challenges!
Monday Challenges – October, 4th, 2010
Focus on the Protagonist & Antagonist
- Interview: Call your Protagonist and your Antagonist in for a job interview. The jobs that they will be interviewing for are their roles in your WIP (work in progress) or MS (manuscript).
- Blind Date: Set up your Protagonist or your Antagonist on a dating website where you have to answer questions relating to what the perfect blind date (person, time, place, activity) would be for your character.
- Lottery Ticket Winner: Either your Protagonist or your Antagonist has won the big prize draw in the Lottery. Interview your character and find out what they would spend their winnings on.
© All rights reserved Kim Koning.
3 thoughts on “Monday Mental Muscles”
Hi Kim, nice post. We do need to exercise those muscles.
There is an award for you on my blog.
And thank you for my Award!
Yay – My first Blog Award!
I am honoured you consider me an honest scrap!
thanks for the sharing…
keep posting,,see you…