My Contest – Prize Time
My next WIP is a psychological thriller and it involves psychological twists and a cold-blooded killer. This killer curdles my blood. Already the killer haunts my dreams. But the worst thing about this character is that I am struggling to name him. He does have a moniker that he will be known by in the story but he does need a name.
Let me tell you a little bit about him. He is a psychopath. He is exceptionally cruel and sadistic. He is also a perfectionist who never leaves any trace of himself at the crime scene. He is fastidiously clean, almost surgically I would say. He preys on people that he feels are “fallen”. He is incredibly alluring and seductive. He is hard to say “no” to. By the time his victims realise he is the final person they will see, it is too late and they are taken by surprise. This man could be anyone. He might be your friend, your brother, your father, your lover, your husband or your colleague. He stalks you like a silent lioness. Do you know his name?
Well, after 19 entrants with 22 entries, I have managed to nail it down. The task was not easy. There were so many names that would have worked but when this name was mentioned it sparked. However, what I had kept to myself is that my killer does not just have one identity…He changes identities as part of his ritual without giving too much away which means I have 1 ultimate winner who wins the 3 ebooks but I also have 2 runner-ups who will also each be getting an ebook. On top of that all 3 names will be used by the killer in my WIP.
Rolling the drums…
Crashing the Cymbals….
The ultimate winner of the Prize for “Name my Master of Darkness in Murder” is…..
Penelope Crowe with the name of: Michael Dali
Michael (inspired by the Archangel Michael)
Dali (inspired by the mad genius of Salvador Dali)…
Your synapse must have fused with mine because I had actually been toying with the name of Dali initially. Salvador Dali is also my favourite surrealist artist. I also love the inspiration of naming after Michael the Archangel.
The two runners up are:
Carole Gill with the name of: Christian Delacourt
Ash Krafton with the name of: Grayden Slate
Congratulations Carole and Ash!
All the entrants had such great name suggestions that I have literally been thinking over this all week. In the end I had to choose these 3 as my favourite names.
I will be emailing each of you with details of your prizes. So if you have not received an email from me by Monday, please email me because then something has gone wrong with the email.
Thank you so much to each and every entrant. All of your entries were inspired. The hop was a huge success and a huge amount of FUN. I love the chance to get to meet authors of like mind and be so inspired by a week long of amazing posts. I was lucky enough to win 4 contests myself and the books won in these were the cherry on top of a delicious week of blogging ice-cream dripping in hot chocolate sauce filled with the spice of fear and suspense.
Click on the Full Moon above to check out some very talented authors’ blogs… you will want to follow these people
- #CoffinHop | Evil has a face… (kimkoning.wordpress.com)
- #CoffinHop | Undead poetry chills your blood… (kimkoning.wordpress.com)
- Coffin Hop | Something comes howling in the wind… (kimkoning.wordpress.com)
- #CoffinHop | Something creeps across the floor boards…. (kimkoning.wordpress.com)
- Coffin Hop | Something walks in the dead of night… (kimkoning.wordpress.com)
- Inspiration to Reality: Surreal Sophistication xoxo (pincurlsandlace.wordpress.com)
- Connecting you to Dali’s bedroom (theengagingbrand.typepad.com)
- Dali on display for devotees (rt.com)
- Salvador Dalí on Decadence, Death and Immortality: The 1958 Interview (brainpickings.org)
- Liza Minnelli Recalls a Surprising Dinner With Salvador Dali on ‘Rocco’s Dinner Party’ (VIDEO) (aoltv.com)
- Almost Dali (trenhoteleuropa.wordpress.com)
- Salvador Dali Gets Surreal with Mike Wallace (1958) (boingboing.net)
- Angel Micheal; the Archangel (hyattractions.wordpress.com)
2 thoughts on “#CoffinHop | The winner is ….”
Yay! Glad you like it!
Sorry it took me soooo long to post 🙂
Can’t wait to read all about Michael Dali and his nefarious deeds!
Great name! Congrats to all!