It is Thanksgiving in the USA. I am not in the USA nor am I American but I have many American friends. Thanksgiving is a time to be grateful and appreciate people that you care about in life. I have been blogging now for 18months and in that time my friendship circle has grown to include inspirational people – writers, poets and artists from all around the globe. I am continuously inspired by the creativity and imagination of these people. So in honour of Thanksgiving I am going to create a new Blog Award which will be given out annually to mark my gratitude and to honour the most Create-Spirational Blogs that add to my Inspirations…
Announcing The Annual…
There are rules and requirements for this blog award to be passed on…
- Pick 20 Blogs that have truly inspired you in the year
- Write an acceptance blog post
- Choose a quote on Inspiration.
- Choose a quote on Creativity.
- Choose and post a song-video that has inspired you this year. (After all what is life without music.)
- Write down a list of 5 things that inspired you in the year.
- Write down 5 ways that you plan on being inspirational in the coming year.
- Pass on the award to the 20 blogs you have chosen.
- Each year you must choose 20 new blogs, you can only give out this award once to someone.
- Link back to the post where you were awarded.
- Link to this rules & requirements page – The Annual CreateSpiration Blog Award
- Awarded every Thanksgiving. (The last weekend in November)
The 20 Blogs who are my Favourite Create-Spiration Blogs for 2011
- Dirty White Candy’s Nail Your Novel
- Rachna’s Scriptorium
- Leigh K Hunt’s Parchment Place
- Melissa Pearl’s YAlicious
- Al Boudreau
- Judith Van Praag’s Hope Filled Jars
- Dee White’s DeeScribewriting Blog
- Nicky Schmidt’s Absolute Vanilla
- Undead Poets Society – This award is for each regular Undead Poet
- Tom Baker’s Morning Erection
- Canvas of Light
- Ken Kaminesky Travel Photography
- Travel Destination Bucket List
- Life Optimiser
- The Illuminated Mind
- Fuel Your Creativity
- My Modern Metropolis
- The WordPress PostaDay2011 Bloggers
For the above Awardees, grab the following award widget (by clicking on the image) to feature on your blog:
Favourite quote on Inspiration:
I dwell in Possibility | Emily Dickinson
Favourite quote on Creativity:
You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. | Mark Twain
My 2011 Song of Inspiration:
This song inspires me in both its lyrics and because it is a celebration of New York – a city that truly is an inspiration in looking for the silver lining in a heavy storm cloud – and because it is a song about having a “pocketful of dreams” and going out into the big wide world to chase those dreams and make them a reality.
Five things/people that Inspired me this year:
- My family – who supported me in my dream to become a full-time writer
- My friends – who always cheer for me in all my endeavors and who always believe in me – also counted on to give me a good butt-kicking every now and again. Special mention to: Alethea Dantes, Vasiliqui Galanopoulous, Jay Smith, Jane Webb Olivier, Desre Tate, Emma Mees, Colin Nel, Leigh K Hunt, Rachna Chhabria, Drew Cross, Al Boudreau, Judith Van Praag, Penny Epel, Danielle Beith Ruschena. (Each of you have a trail of footprints in my heart. I am honoured that you are in my life. Thank you for your love, support, encouragement and the constant source of inspiration through friendship that you gift to me just by being you. x)
- Eat,Pray,Love – This book and this movie have inspired so much in my life
- Social Networks – All those I follow and connect with through blogging, twitter,Facebook ect.
- PostaDay 2011 and PostaWeek2011 – These helped me get into a regular blogging schedule.
Five Ways I plan on being inspirational in 2012
- Through my Amazon Wanderings where I take off into the wild yonders of South America and write about it.
- Through this creativity & inspiration blog @ Dragonfly Scrolls
- Posting a photo at least once a week in a new photo-blog starting 01.01.12…link coming soon
- Posting a poem at least once a week in my poetry portfolio @ Soul Photographs
- Creating a gratitude journal that will work in combo with the new photo-blog.