Welcome to the Holiday Blog Hop brought to you by Indie Writers Unite!
There will be guest posts, fiction, featured authors and best of all prizes to be won
and giveaways to be had.
The Ultimate Grand Prize awarded by The Holiday Blog Hop is…
(Each winner from each individual blog contest will go into a random draw for this incredible prize.)
The lucky winner of the Kindle Fire will be chosen on 31.12.11
and will be announced on 01.01/12. here .
Here on Dragonfly Scrolls,
I will be featuring some guest authors and will be posting some holiday styled blog posts…
There may be fiction, poetry, interviews and character profiles but there will be Holiday FUN.
I am holding 2 Contests.
The first contest is for the Guest Authors who will be featured on my blog.
I am giving them a flash fiction challenge,
should they choose to accept…they will go in the running
to win a PRINT copy of
The entries will be judged by YOU the readers…
I will ask you to rate each flash fiction with a rating out of 5 stars
- 1 star = Good Effort,
- 2 stars = Had my attention,
- 3 stars = I want more of this fiction,
- 4 stars = You hooked me,
- 5 stars = Brilliant
The winning Guest Author will be announced on 28.12.11 on this blog.
Prize #2 – THE READER CHALLENGE
(Winner To be announced on the 25th of December)
To go into the draw to win my prize of an EBOOK copy of Tales for Canterbury…
~Only 1 winner for the whole blog tour on this blog.~
You need to take up the following challenge:
Challenge: If you were Santa for a day, and instead of gifts you could grant 3 wishes…
what would be the 3 wishes you grant and why?
(The most imaginative and original wishes will win this one.)
- So answer the challenge in the comments on each post.
- One entry per person.
- Follow this blog (if you aren’t already)
- like my Facebook Page
- Follow me on twitter
- Once all the above is done, tweet that you have been visited by (#GhostofChristmasWishes for #HolidayHop) and tag me @last_lines
- (Also make sure you are hopping along to all the other #HolidayHop blogs.)
Now you will be eligible to go in the draw for a chance to not only win my prize (the ebook anthology) but also a chance at the Grand Prize of a Kindle Fire.
14 thoughts on “The December Deliciousness is LIVE with #HolidayHop”
Hi! Merry Christmas. Thank you for the wonderful giveaway! If i had three wishes i would wish for my family to be happy, no more money trouble, bills, jobles are plentifu, good cars, nice houses, etc. My second wish, I could have a farm to protect all the animals that i save. (i have 6 dogs and 2 cats) lol My third wish, for the world not to be so currupt and evil. Thank you! Happy holidays!
I follow google+: Shadow Kohler
fb- shadow kohler
i tweeted: http://twitter.com/#!/LuvToRead09/status/151012428409339904
I follow on FB and google+ as teresssa oliver and twitter as tynapier1. Here is my tweet:
1) That everyone has a complaint/issue/prejudiced against a group gets to walk a mile in that persons shoe for a month. For example, the wealthy who think that a poor person is just lazy and needs to get a job, someone who is racist or homophobic gets to change color or orientation, etc.
2) Perform a social experiment. Does absolute power corrupt absolutely? The entire world will now be controlled by women. Let’s see if we can do a better job.
3) As a child, my only escape from abuse was when I escaped into the fantasy of reading. I grew up very poor and can remember always wanting a book of my own. I learned that being able to read and getting an education was my only way out of the situation. So, my final wish would be to give the entire world the gift of being able to read.
teressaoliver at gmail dot com
Hmm, let me see, three wishes. My first wish is that I could get rid of the ugly stretch marks on my legs that I got from all the swelling before they got my severe RA somewhat under control. They are very unsightly. Wish number two would be for my oldest daughter to get the breast reduction she wants so badly, she really needs it. And finally, wish number three. I wish my son-in-law would develop a brain so he would realize that penis enlargement supplements bought from an infomercial DO NOT WORK.
P.S. He really did try it
seriousreader at live dot com
And after you’ve entered the contest here, follow me to my Holiday Hop for a scavenger hunt! http://wp.me/P1tm4H-bc
Come on! Let’s have some hoppin’ good fun!
Beautiful website–I love it! Good luck with your contest 🙂
Since you want unique wishes this of course means they can be frivolous as well. Normally I’d say that I would wish for an end to disease and world hunger and poverty because those are nice and safe and sweet and no one would judge you for them but since you want unique I figure what the hell.
1. Every woman that has ever been involved with a man has wished this one at least once. “I wish you knew what it was like to have a period regularly.” I’ve wished this one myself on my own husband. I’d grant it. Every man in the world would be required to spend one year dealing with what women all over the world have dealt with since they hit puberty.
2. Men always say they wish women knew what it felt like to get kicked in the nuts and really it’s only fair that you have to spend a year with a dick but hey then you get to find out why they think blowjobs are so great.
3. I would probably cater to fangirls everywhere and finally get that on screen kiss for their otp. (one true pair) Mostly because I know plenty of women in the same fandoms as myself and well that means I get to enjoy them too.
(twitter name is CheryBlosomRain )
If i were santa the three wishes i would grant would be.
1)to live in a fantasy book. i would grant this because i’d always love to live in some of the books i read.
2)Have a fairytale ending. i mean who doesn’t want a fairytale ending.
3)Cure a sickness. id grant that because though we will all die eventually why not give that person a little more time with their loved one.
Everyone needs to enter. Come on readers these are all great books by wonderful Indie Authors.
Reminder to all authors I list books on my forum so feel free to go to my blog and message me a link to your book.