A few days ago I wrote about the idea of choosing a word for the New Year instead of making resolutions. I also put through a link to Christine Kane’s Word of the Year Discovery worksheet and gave you all the questions on the worksheet. As promised, I have chosen my word for 2011 and as it is 1/1/11 I am telling you about it.
So this year I am not making any New Year’s Resolutions, instead I am choosing a Word of Resolve.
My 2011 Word of Resolve is:
along with the phrase, Live.Laugh.Love.
- This is the perfect word for me this year because sometimes I allow my realistic nature to limit my own possibilities whether it be in my life, love or my writing.
- I believe that if I embrace and live this word daily in 2011, I will be kinder to myself. I will send the internal editor into retirement and I will resolve to open myself to Possibility .. to it’s magic and to it’s serendipity. I will not be my own critic but instead become my own fan.
- I already live this word in my optimism and energy but I do need to allow myself to dream more … to wonder what could be and to be open to all possibilities forgetting the improbablities my analytical nature wants to list.
- I believe that if I were to live this word daily, I would infuse my life with joy and confidence. This will come through in stronger,free writing. If I live this word daily I will be living from the heart instead of the brain. The possibilities are endless for what I will attract and what I can create.
- My default settings that I need to let go of is the constant striving for perfection. Instead I will open myself to my inhibitions and allow myself both the possibility that I might fail but I might just as likely succeed.
- Three things that could trigger me to run from my Word of Resolve are: self-criticism, perfectionism, hating to lose or be second best.
- The ways I resolve to stop these triggers are: talking to my friends who believe in me, taking a look at my vision board to refocus POSSIBILITY which is the key theme, getting up and going out for walk along the beach.
- Five goals I would like to achieve based on POSSIBILITY are:
- 1. Allow the possibility of happiness and fulfillment in all areas of my life because I deserve happiness.
- 2. Submit an anthology of my poetry for publication.
- 3. Submit my WIP to an agent.
- 4. Explore new places and new adventures.
- 5. Open myself to creative expression, not just related to writing.
- I have 2 major homerun goals in mind but I am keeping them to myself for now.
So that is my Word of Resolve for 2011.
These are some of the affirmations I will use to keep focused this year:
“Dwell in Possibility” ~ Emily Dickonson
“I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” – Phillipians 4vs13
“With people this is impossible, but with God ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.” ~ Matthew 19vs26
“The POSSIBILITIES are endless once we decide to act and not react.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
“Stop thinking in limitations and start thinking in POSSIBILITIES.” ~ Terry Josephson
“We have more POSSIBILITIES available in each moment than we realise.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
“In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.” ~ Janos Arany
“Our aspirations are our POSSIBILITIES.” ~ Samuel Johnson
“Man is so made that when anything fires his soul, impossibilities vanish.” ~ Jean de La Fontaine
“Dreams come true, without that POSSIBILITY, nature would not incite us to have them.” ~ John Updike
“Everyday holds the POSSIBILITY of a miracle.” ~ Elizabeth David
“Aim for the moon….if you miss you are only going to fall amongst the stars.” – Jason Napier (my friend and inspiration)
So that is my Word of Resolve for this new year, the first of a new decade. What is your word of resolve? How are you going to let it infuse your intentions and increase your awareness?
Choose your word and really LIVE it, BE it, ACT it…
The year ahead is just beginning and there is a wealth of New Beginnings. The old has faded away and with it put away any regrets.
It is never to late to start anew. Live your year Being You.
I wish you success and happiness in this coming year and strive for the moon….if you miss you will still end up amongst the stars…
Felicitations and Celebrations for New Year 2011!
(Published in She Writes Editors’ Picks 05/01/11)
© All rights reserved Kim Koning.